Recently a friend of mine said to me, "How can you afford to live in Hawaii?"
I would like to highlight a few "key" points about living here on Oahu:
- Property taxes for residents of Oahu, Hawaii are approximately (.342% of the home's assessed value)
- Hawaii does not collect income tax on US military pensions
- Sales tax on Oahu is 4.5%
- Regular unleaded is approximately $3.35 per gallon
- A median priced home in West Oahu (near Honolulu and the beach) is approximately $450,000. Check out some homes at Ocean Point in West Oahu.
- You can buy a brand new custom built, energy efficient home in a "Resort Marina" development such as "Hoakalei" starting at approximately $500,000
- All your "Big Box" outlets are here: Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot...etc.
- Strong labor force
- Warm and healthy climate coupled with a clean environment...Healthy Lifestyle
- Lifestyle...many outdoor activities with little or no cost! Boating, Sailing, Fishing, Dive, Surf, Paddle, Swim, Hike, Bike, Run, Golf, Tennis, Beach Bar-B-Que and more
- Fresh local foods abound
- Light casual clothing
- Excellent and plentiful hospitals/Health practitioners
- Major airport "Hub of the Pacific".....Excellent flight routes and schedules locally and overseas
- It's America....It's Hawaii and it's "Affordable"
For more detailed information on Real Estate and "Hawaii Lifestyle" contact me today.